Galleon
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -40%
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + ...
Voir le deal
29.99 €

English Cards - kingdom of avalon

4 participants

English Cards - kingdom of avalon Empty English Cards - kingdom of avalon

Message  nicoleblond Lun 23 Fév 2015 - 23:22

Here is the subject to talk about cards from kingdom of avalon.
nicoleblond
nicoleblond
Admin
Admin

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

English Cards - kingdom of avalon Empty Avalon Cards

Message  Vegabond Mar 24 Fév 2015 - 1:21

These are looking good. I like that some of the darker miniature art has been lightened. Also the Life point triangles are closer together.

Problems I see;

*Missing Avalonian Crossbowmen

*Avalonian Recruits, There should be two cards for Recruits so you can take 4 models.
*Also the front of card was really blurry & didn't look like it had been reformatted (life point triangles and green background color). Back of card, the story was phrased better and was more clear on the old version.

*Countryside Priest, back of card lists Life Transfer instead of Long Reach.
*Spell card, Litany of Brambles:
Change to this "Each time the target takes DAM by an attack from a miniature in base contact, it inflicts 1 DAM in return.

*Templer Collector-Monk, Spell card, Benevolence of the Bethacrann:
Add "If a dice roll which has benefited from this effect results in a failure, the target’s DEF becomes 2 until the end of the round."

*Bushwackers. I don't know if it really matters, but in the preview window the card boundaries looks like it is set to landscape vs all the other ones are portrait.

Keep up the great work. My friend just bought the Avalonian starter box. Is it ok if i send these cards to him?

Vegabond
HOMONCULE
HOMONCULE

English Cards - kingdom of avalon Empty Re: English Cards - kingdom of avalon

Message  mallachain Mar 24 Fév 2015 - 7:21

I went through the Avalonian cars and these are my edits:

Prioress Caelina
Alchemist of the Outer Circle (Earth)
Change first sentence to: "At the end of an action, when the alchemist harvests components from a scenery element that contains a component token of his affinity, he collects 4 alchemical components."

Deacon Leodegarius
Change first sentence to: "At the end of an action, when the alchemist harvests components from a scenery element that contains a component token of his affinity, he collects 4 alchemical components."

Avalonian Pilgrim
In the Guard paragraph, change "reactionary movement" to "reaction movement" also change "Guardian" to "Guard"

Countryside Priest
Life Transfer should be "Long Reach" as Vegabond pointed out.

Prayer to the Stones
After Target, remove "the" so it reads: "Target Countryside Priest."

Litany of Brambles
Should be edited as Vegabond stated above.

Avalonian Bushwackers
The story is really rough and doesn't make a lot of sense. Can we see the original French?

Avalonian Recruits
Change the flavor text to:"No, I have not chosen to join the army of Avalon for the glory of the kingdom, nor the pride of my old mother ... In fact, I was in a hostel to celebrate my birthday and Rameau, a very nice guy, plied me with a high nectar, then another and so on. The next day, when sober, I learned that he was a recruiter, and while drunk I signed my enlistment. "
- Ah you too?"

I'm not sure what this next section is trying to say: "Like me, the price of the tour was withheld on your first sale?" but it got lost in the translation.

Templar Collector-Monk

"Impassable" seems to be the wrong name for the skill. Impassible means something that cannot be crossed. A better name for the skill might be "Relentless"

Benevolence of the Beathacrann
Last sentence should change to: "If a dice roll which has benefited from this effect results in a failure, the target's DEF becomes 2 until the end of the round."

mallachain
HOMONCULE
HOMONCULE

Message  Vegabond Mar 24 Fév 2015 - 17:43

mallachain a écrit:I'm not sure what this next section is trying to say: "Like me, the price of the tour was withheld on your first sale?" but it got lost in the translation.

The original card explains it better. basically the price of the "beer" used to get the men drunk was taken out of their first paycheck.

mallachain a écrit:"Impassable" seems to be the wrong name for the skill. Impassible means something that cannot be crossed. A better name for the skill might be "Relentless"

I suggested Indomitable "impossible to subdue or defeat".

Vegabond
HOMONCULE
HOMONCULE

Message  mallachain Mar 24 Fév 2015 - 18:08

Vegabond a écrit:
mallachain a écrit:I'm not sure what this next section is trying to say: "Like me, the price of the tour was withheld on your first sale?" but it got lost in the translation.

The original card explains it better. basically the price of the "beer" used to get the men drunk was taken out of their first paycheck.

Ahh, that makes sense.

In that case, I suggest we change the last sentence to: "Was the price of your coercion taken from your first month's pay as well?"

mallachain
HOMONCULE
HOMONCULE

Message  Kurlem Mar 24 Fév 2015 - 22:27

Pour ce qui concerne les PV, ESP, REF, PA, COM, DEF, mouvement, nombre de compétence, table de DOM, coût, nombre de carte max, cercle de concentration, concentration pour les formules, coût des formules, portées, cible ou auto, et les améliorations; j'ai fait la vérif.

Tout est ok.

Par contre il manque une carte de recrue , celle du starter, et la carte des Arbalétriers.
Kurlem
Kurlem
Admin
Admin

Message  nicoleblond Mar 24 Fév 2015 - 23:04

Vegabond a écrit:*Missing Avalonian Crossbowmen
I realized it.
Vegabond a écrit:*Avalonian Recruits, There should be two cards for Recruits so you can take 4 models.
I realized it.
Vegabond a écrit:*Also the front of card was really blurry & didn't look like it had been reformatted (life point triangles and green background color). Back of card, the story was phrased better and was more clear on the old version.
I didn't own old layout and I must have to do everything.
Vegabond a écrit:Keep up the great work. My friend just bought the Avalonian starter box. Is it ok if i send these cards to him?
Thanks Very Happy . No problem for your friend.

For second card of recruit, there is another text.

- What? Getting there ??? But you have not noticed it Khaliman just cut to pieces our best knight? I am as commoners, sir.
I'm not a noble and I never had a weapon master to me to teach me fencing from my childhood!
I learned to fight at the tavern, with drunkards! I could not stop this Ghulam, so I do not see why I would go!
- Not even for a premium of 10 daomings and for one month of free consumption in the Morwen Dame Tavern?
- High-Five !!! FOR BEATHACRAAAAAAAANNNNNN!

Mallachain a écrit:Avalonian Bushwackers
The story is really rough and doesn't make a lot of sense. Can we see the original French?
I make translation. What do you think?

- Do you understand that he say monsignor?
- I don't understand.
- Be careful. I'll pierce
- Made my brave!
- The recruitment and training sessions are long and monotonous. I am compelled to attend demonstrations of rabbit hunters. What will we going to do about it in our troop?
- Be careful!
- Monsignor... monsignor? Do you hear me? Would you like me to remove the stone from your forehead?

Mallanchain a écrit:"Impassable" seems to be the wrong name for the skill. Impassible means something that cannot be crossed. A better name for the skill might be "Relentless"
Vegabond a écrit:I suggested Indomitable "impossible to subdue or defeat".
Ah.... What we doing ? I think relentless is closest in meaning.

Otherwise, I make all corrections Very Happy

Kurlem a écrit:Pour ce qui concerne les PV, ESP, REF, PA, COM, DEF, mouvement, nombre de compétence, table de DOM, coût, nombre de carte max, cercle de concentration, concentration pour les formules, coût des formules, portées, cible ou auto, et les améliorations; j'ai fait la vérif.
Tout est ok.
Par contre il manque une carte de recrue , celle du starter, et la carte des Arbalétriers.
Merci Sam. C'est ce que disait aussi Vegabond. J'ai fait ces cartes Very Happy
nicoleblond
nicoleblond
Admin
Admin

Message  Vegabond Mer 25 Fév 2015 - 2:16

Modified original Avalonian Recruit text.
First one:

"No, I didn't join the Avalonian army to serve our glorious kingdom or to make my old mother proud... Actually, I was in a nice tavern celebrating my birthday of the branch when a friendly stranger offered me a pint of strong nectar, and another and another... The next morning I learned he was a recruiter and that, completely wasted, I had enlisted.
- You too, huh? Did they take the price of those pints out of your first wages too?"

Second one:

"What? Charge in there?! I beg your pardon m'lord, but didn't you see that Khaliman just cut our finest knights to pieces? I'm just a lowly commoner, sir. I didn't have a sword master teaching me to fight before I could walk! I only know how to fight in a tavern brawl, usually with a piece of wood or rotten meat! I won't be able to stop this Ghulam, why should I die for nothing?
- Not even for an extra 10 daomings and a month of free ale in the Lady Morwen tavern?
- That's a deal, sir! FOR THE BEATHACRAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!"

Vegabond
HOMONCULE
HOMONCULE

Message  Vegabond Mer 25 Fév 2015 - 2:30

Modified Bushwhacker text:

"- Do you understand what he says m'lord?
- I do not understand anything.
- You be careful. I’ll break it.  <-- I don't understand this section
- Make my brave!   <-- I don't understand this section
- These recruitment and training sessions are long and monotonous... To say that I must now attend demonstrations of rabbit hunters. What are we going to tell  our troops?  <-- maybe this is accurate?
- Watch Out!
- My lord... m'lord? Can you hear me? Would you like me to remove the stone from your forehead?"

Vegabond
HOMONCULE
HOMONCULE

Message  mallachain Mer 25 Fév 2015 - 22:17

Vegabond a écrit:Modified original Avalonian Recruit text.
First one:

"No, I didn't join the Avalonian army to serve our glorious kingdom or to make my old mother proud... Actually, I was in a nice tavern celebrating my birthday of the branch when a friendly stranger offered me a pint of strong nectar, and another and another... The next morning I learned he was a recruiter and that, completely wasted, I had enlisted.
- You too, huh? Did they take the price of those pints out of your first wages too?"

Second one:

"What? Charge in there?! I beg your pardon m'lord, but didn't you see that Khaliman just cut our finest knights to pieces? I'm just a lowly commoner, sir. I didn't have a sword master teaching me to fight before I could walk! I only know how to fight in a tavern brawl, usually with a piece of wood or rotten meat! I won't be able to stop this Ghulam, why should I die for nothing?
- Not even for an extra 10 daomings and a month of free ale in the Lady Morwen tavern?
- That's a deal, sir! FOR THE BEATHACRAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!"

I like these.

mallachain
HOMONCULE
HOMONCULE

Message  nicoleblond Jeu 26 Fév 2015 - 22:46

Vegabond a écrit:"- Do you understand what he says m'lord?
- You be careful. I’ll break it. <-- I don't understand this section
This is a mistake. In french, "V’z’ f’tes gaf’. J’vas l’cer l’pier’." for "vous faites gaffe. Je vais lancer la pierre". It's abbreviation.
I purpose :
Be careful. I'll throw the stone

Vegabond a écrit:- Make my brave! <-- I don't understand this section
It's lord says to throw the stone.
I purpose :
Go for it my brave.

Vegabond a écrit:- These recruitment and training sessions are long and monotonous... To say that I must now attend demonstrations of rabbit hunters. What are we going to tell our troops? <-- maybe this is accurate?
I think there are mistake in sentence.
I purpose :
What is he going to do in our troop (or warband) ?
nicoleblond
nicoleblond
Admin
Admin

Message  Vegabond Jeu 26 Fév 2015 - 23:17

In this conversation are there 3 people talking or just 2? Originally i thought it was just 2, but now it seems there are 3. With that being the case I propose.

nicoleblond a écrit:
Vegabond a écrit:"- Do you understand what he says m'lord?
- You be careful. I’ll break it.  <-- I don't understand this section
This is a mistake. In french, "V’z’ f’tes gaf’. J’vas l’cer l’pier’." for "vous faites gaffe. Je vais lancer la pierre". It's abbreviation.
I purpose :
Be careful. I'll throw the stone

Stand back, I'll throw the stone.

nicoleblond a écrit:
Vegabond a écrit:- Make my brave!   <-- I don't understand this section
It's lord says to throw the stone.
I purpose :
Go for it my brave.

Throw the stone peasant.

nicoleblond a écrit:
Vegabond a écrit:- These recruitment and training sessions are long and monotonous... To say that I must now attend demonstrations of rabbit hunters. What are we going to tell  our troops?  <-- maybe this is accurate?
I think there are mistake in sentence.
I purpose :
What is he going to do in our troop (or warband) ?

What is he going to do in our warband?

Vegabond
HOMONCULE
HOMONCULE

Message  nicoleblond Sam 7 Mar 2015 - 13:31

Vegabond a écrit:In this conversation are there 3 people talking or just 2? Originally i thought it was just 2, but now it seems there are 3. With that being the case I propose.
There's only two people.

I realized corrections.
nicoleblond
nicoleblond
Admin
Admin

Message  Vegabond Dim 8 Mar 2015 - 3:19

*Avalonian Crossbowmen: back of card: "- Put that blade away kid, you're gonna hurt yerself!"

Vegabond
HOMONCULE
HOMONCULE

Message  mallachain Dim 8 Mar 2015 - 20:38

Avalonian Crossbowmen
back of card: "...With this piece, yer gonna pour a rain..."

Prioress Caelina of the Abbey of Matines
Back of card is missing Master Strike (Robust) description.

Avalonian Bushwackers
Change back of card: "...To say that I must now attend rabbit hunting demonstrations. What is he going to do in our warband?..."

Templar Collector-Monk
Impassible - are we going to change this to Relentless?

mallachain
HOMONCULE
HOMONCULE

Message  nicoleblond Mar 10 Mar 2015 - 21:14

Mallachain a écrit:Prioress Caelina of the Abbey of Matines
Back of card is missing Master Strike (Robust) description.
This is skill for combat card.

Mallachain a écrit:Templar Collector-Monk
Impassible - are we going to change this to Relentless?
Yes, I do.
nicoleblond
nicoleblond
Admin
Admin

Message  nicoleblond Mar 1 Mar 2016 - 10:01

nicoleblond
nicoleblond
Admin
Admin

Message  Vegabond Mar 1 Mar 2016 - 18:09

The card looks good other than the Size. He doesn't look like a Size 3 miniature. The Colossus is Size 3! He looks smaller than the Retarius and they are Size 2.

The miniature looks really cool. I've been wondering for a long time now what that figure would finally look like. I do think he needs to be a lot bigger though.

Vegabond
HOMONCULE
HOMONCULE

Message  nicoleblond Mar 1 Mar 2016 - 23:10

English Cards - kingdom of avalon Berach-retiaire
Very Happy
He is smaller than colossus but we think size 3 sculpted by studio 38 are too bigger.
nicoleblond
nicoleblond
Admin
Admin

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé